If you find that your Print Assist labels are printing incorrectly, please check the following:
Do I have the most up to date version?
The current version of Print Assist is 4.20.5. you can view your version by double clicking the app in your system tray, and clicking the 'About' tab.
My labels are printing the wrong size or orientation
If you installed Royal Mail Print Assist as a windows service, subsequent changes to printer settings or label templates will not be remembered.
You may need to uninstall and then reinstall Print Assist. You can find a guide on how to do so here: How to connect Royal Mail Print Assist.
When you are asked if you wish to install Print Assist as a windows service, leave the box unchecked, as shown:
My labels are printing the wrong size or orientation on my label printer
You may need to modify your label printer settings to ensure your labels print correctly. We recommend trying the following settings:
Change 'Paper Format' to 'Inch'
Ensure 'Size' is set to 3.75 x 6.00
My labels are printing in the wrong position on the sticky label
Should this occur, please press the button on the front of your label printer in order to re calibrate your printer. This should ensure your labels print exactly within each sticky label.
My printing preferences are not remembered
Your printing preferences are stored within your browser cache. If you have cookies disabled, or your browser cache is cleared, your preferences may not be remembered in ChannelShipper.
Which print settings take precedence?
If you have Royal Mail Print Assist installed and enabled, then those print settings will take priority over any printer settings saved in your .pdf reader software.
The only exception to this is if you have configured workstations in Click & Drop Desktop or Dropbox. The printer settings in these integrations will always take priority over your Print Assist printer settings.
Please note that in this scenario, you will still need Print Assist installed and enabled in order for your labels to be printed automatically.
None of my labels are printing
If none of your labels are printing automatically, please check:
1. You have Royal Mail Print Assist installed on the workstation or machine you wish to print from
2. You have correctly configured your printers in ChannelShipper.
3. Your orders are entering ChannelShipper in 'Postage applied' status. You can ensure this by entering the weight, package size, and shipping service for imported orders, or by using a shipping rule for downloaded orders.
4. Check that you do not have any security software of firewall which is blocking connectivity to the Royal Mail Print Assist application.
5. If using ChannelShipper Desktop, please check that your orders are importing correctly. Labels can only be produced for orders that have imported without errors.