Version 1.28 - 31/01/22
- Added the first set of improvements when marking orders as 'Despatched by other courier'. Now you can specify courier name, shipping method, and tracking number, and we will pass this information to supported channel
- Fixed an issue that could cause a long delay between orders being manifested, and being available to search using the search bar
- Maximum package weights for international orders on Personal accounts have been raised to 5kg, bringing them in line with the newest Royal Mail changes
- We have removed Saturday Guaranteed service enhancements as these are no longer supported
- Added Jersey GST numbers as a PRS scheme. This is available to configure in your trading names settings
- Fixed a bug that could cause a label generation failure for orders with a product quantity of 0
- Fixed a bug where sometimes a product would not be added to an order when creating an order using the 'Create order' link on the Products page
- Fixed a bug that could cause an error 500 when reloading a page if ChannelShipper is open in a large number of browser tabs
- Fixed some formatting issues on picking/packing lists that could occur where order tags are present
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes prevent orders importing from WooCommerce stores if a product SKU is was missing
Version 1.27.1 - 24/10/22
New feature: Product variants
We're pleased to announce the first of a planned set of features in supporting product variants in ChannelShipper.
We've added a new checkbox in the settings for each supported integration called 'Import product variant'. When checked, we'll try to automatically grab any variant information and we will display these as order tags. You can filter by these tags, view them on screen, and we'll print them on picking and packing lists. That way, your staff will know exactly what variation of a product to include with each order.
Supported integrations: Amazon, Bluepark, eBay, Etsy, Magento, Shopify, Squarespace, WooCommerce
Version 1.27 - 13/10/22
This release has focussed primarily on quality of life updates for several pieces of functionality, including spreadsheet order imports, electronic customs information, moving accounts across to our new payment gateway, Stripe, and building better systems to handle errors from channels.
- We've been working on various style improvements for the new beta Orders/Manifested orders grid
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause spreadsheet order imports to produce an error if channel order references have been left blank
- Fixed some bugs causing loading issues when expanding grid rows on Safari browser
Version 1.26 - 21/09/22
- We've added a new page for Personal (non OBA accounts) - Scan, Pay, and Print, so you can scan barcodes containing order numbers on ChannelShipper's picking and packing lists and despatch notes, or any of your own documentation, and quickly pay for and generate the labels
- We've fully integrated Stripe, our new payment provider. It's more reliable, and less prone to 3D secure issues. We're migrating accounts across a few at a time,
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes prevent EKM integrations from connecting successfully first time
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes prevent shipping updates to channels working successfully when orders are manifested (OBA accounts only)
Version 1.25 - 31/08/22
- We added a new HS code lookup function that will appear in the package contents section of any Apply Postage page
- We have activated the new beta order grid for all accounts. Thanks to those accounts that have provided feedback so far, it's been really useful in helping us make a better experience
- Removed the Commonwealth logo for Royal Mail labels where you haven't already added your own logo in your Trading Name settings pages
- Added 'Safeplace' as an additional grid filter on the Orders and Manifested Orders grids
- Ensured that Safeplace values are more clearly displayed across the website
- Added the code to prepare for Royal Mail's planned weight increase for some international shipments to 30kg
- Implemented quality of life improvements to manifesting
- Fixed an issue that was preventing re-authorisation with some eBay integrations
- Fixed an issue affecting some Amazon accounts that made orders import in GB Pounds instead of the correct currency for the order
- Fixed a bug that was causing some new integrations to Amazon stores to fail
- Fixed a bug in our Smart Pack feature that could sometimes prevent new package format weights being added to the total weight
Version 1.24 - 09/08/22
- Following some recent feedback, we have activated the new orders grid on all accounts. We would appreciate any feedback on the new grid, if there's anything else you'd like to see on it, please let us know
- We're developing the framework necessary for adding Stripe as a new payment method in ChannelShipper. We expect this to be publicly released soon
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented us from importing Address Line 3 from orders in Magento stores
- Added missing country entries for South Sudan, Congo (Democratic Republic), and Tanzania
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes prevent us from retrieving manifest prices back from Royal Mail's OBA system
Version 1.23 - 19/07/22
- Added functionality to the ChannelShipper API to allow orders to be manifested. Please see the developer docs for more information
- We have been working on a new orders grid that we will begin rolling out to accounts to try shortly after the release
- Added various quality of life improvements to the manifesting process
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause spreadsheet order imports to fail for insufficient customs information, when required information is already present
- Fixed several display and text issues
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause shipping rules to fail to recognise 'small parcel' formats for accounts that upgraded to ChannelShipper from Click & Drop
- Fixed a bug that could result in some additional columns being missed when exporting despatched orders reports or manifested orders reports to a spreadsheet format
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes miss information for shipping updates to eBay stores
Version 1.22 - 28/06/22
- When disconnecting and reconnecting Amazon integrations, your previous details will no longer be removed
- Fixed a bug where the Manifested Orders report could sometimes return orders older than the selected data range
- Fixed a bug where countries currently temporarily banned for posting could not be selected as the Country of origin for products or orders
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes prevent orders from Shopify stores being returned by the full text search bar
Version 1.21 - 07/06/22
- Enabled new signups for customers that do not have Royal Mail OBA accounts, meaning you don't need to upgrade from a Click & Drop account first.
- Made several performance improvements to manifesting
- Fixed a bug that could prevent delivery confirmation numbers being passed up to BigCommerce stores in some scenarios
- Fixed a bug that could cause the batch page to crash or load slowly when displaying large numbers of batches
- Fixed a bug that could link some non-delivery confirmation number barcode numbers to Track and Trace
- Fixed a bug that could mean some departments are still available in Click & Drop after they have been deleted in your OBA account
- Fixed a bug that could result in some Shopify orders being missed from Click & Drop’s order imports, if there are large numbers of eligible orders in
Version 1.20 - 12/05/22
- We're pleased to announce first phase of our Product notes/tags feature. It allows you to add tags to specific products in the same ways you can with orders and batches. These can be used to display key information about your products on:
1. Order and Batch pages
2. Picking and Packing Lists
3. Scan, Print & Pack page
Example tags could include Fragile, Hazardous, Multipack Only, Customised etc.
You can add tags on the Product page, or as a new mappable field when importing products via spreadsheet
For more information, please see: How to add product tags/notes
- Improved our error logging so we can better troubleshoot problems with eBay integrations
- Allowed Royal Mail Saturday Guaranteed Special Delivery labels to be produced on the Thursday before any bank holidays
- Made a change to spreadsheet order imports so that if a weight is not specified, but the order has a SKU that matches a saved product - we will use the weight of the saved product instead
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause cause spreadsheet order imports to fail if the same product was added twice
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes pass the wrong delivery date to online stores once orders are despatched on ChannelShipper (Personal accounts only)
- Fixed a bug where orders imported via ChannelShipper API could sometimes fail to show the correct package format
Version 1.19 - 21/04/22
- Added an option in Shopify integrations to allow orders to be imported in 'Partially fulfilled' status.
- Added an optional 'company' column to the manifested orders reports
- Improved our EKM integration to allow it to update orders in EKM with Delivery Confirmation Numbers for applicable Royal Mail shipping services such as CRL24/48
- Made further progress to the overnight processes that automatically attempt to fix failed or emergency manifest
- Made further improvements to the system that powers manifesting to reduce the number of manifest that can sometimes fail due to very large volumes of orders
- Fixed a bug that could let you create a new custom package type with a weight greater than the max weight allowed in the associated Royal Mail package type
- Fixed a bug where the a Shipping Rule's chosen shipping service did not properly display on screen
- Fixed a bug in SquareSpace integrations where orders with Delivery Confirmation Numbers could sometimes be displayed with 'untracked service' text
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause errors when trying to re-authorise eBay integrations
Version 1.18 - 05/04/22
- We are adding support for customers without Royal Mail OBA accounts. You can now register for ChannelShipper without an OBA account, or upgrade existing Click & Drop Personal accounts to ChannelShipper.
- Fixed a bug that caused the 'Despatch date' column from properly displaying on the Manifests page
- Fixed a bug that could cause an error when changing custom package formats that have large numbers of products assigned
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes prevent shipping updates from being successfully received for integrated SquareSpace stores
- Fixed a bug that could prevent some product weights from being properly imported for Magento accounts
Version 1.17 - 10/03/22
- We've made international customs information optional for orders sent on Royal Mail letter format. You can find a new setting for this option on the Label Format settings page
- Added support for eBay's 'VAT at Source' scheme for orders over 150EUR. If your orders are processed via this scheme in your eBay store, we'll pass this data to Royal Mail automatically
- Added a new setting to the 'Default customs information' settings page to allow you to automatically assign the IOSS numbers assigned in your trading names to manually created orders
- Updated our eBay integration to support eBay's new Sell Feed Rest API, ensuring no disruption of service
- Made several quality of life improvements to our Royal Mail OBA integration
- Fixed a bug with the tooltip on the Status column of the Orders grid that could display the warning "Something has changed since the order has been created. Please reprocess the order" instead of displaying the real reason why ChannelShipper wasn't able to apply a package format or shipping rule.
Version 1.16 - 10/02/22
- We've added the feature to poll Shopify, Magento, Woocommerce, EKM, Squarespace, and Bluepark channels for cancelled orders. When an order is cancelled by a customer in store, the order will be marked as cancelled in ChannelShipper. You can find and activate this setting by clicking the integration row in your 'Integrations' settings page.
- We've made the 'Provide SMS notification' and 'Promote email notification' fields ON by default for international orders.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevent the 'signed for' enhancement from being applied to orders imported via spreadsheet and processed via shipping rules
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes prevent the full amount of WooCommerce orders from being fetched when we attempt to import your orders.
- Fixed an issue that could redirect you to the wrong page after creating a Magento V2 integration
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes miss 'Customs declaration category' values on orders imported via spreadsheet or API
Version 1.15 - 25/01/22
- So that we have the right contact information for you, we have added two new contact information fields to the 'My account' - 'My profile' section. These will default to the first admin email address on your account, so we would advise you to take a look and keep these updated. The fields are:
A primary contact email address: This is the primary email address we will use if we ever have to contact you with important information regarding your account, or your subscription.
A technical contact email address: The email address of a suitable individual or team should we ever have to contact you with important technical information.
- Added a new order status 'Cancelled by customer' - so that you can set orders to this status if your customer has cancelled the order, but you wish to keep a temporary record of it
- We've added the feature to poll eBay channels for cancelled orders. When an order is cancelled by a customer in eBay, the order will be marked as cancelled in ChannelShipper. You can activate this setting in your 'Integrations' settings page.
- Added some improved messaging and alters for disconnected integrations
- Added better clarity to mandatory fields on Trading names settings
- Added a 'Tier select' dropdown to accounts on trial subscriptions, so customers can set an estimated initial pricing tier
- Added support to import 'Safeplace' values for Bluepark orders. Please note that this value will remain hidden until you apply a service that supports the Safeplace service enhancement.
- Added support so we can pass Delivery Confirmation Numbers (where applicable) to Etsy stores when updating orders.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes prevent picking lists being generated on the first click
- Fixed a bug that could redirect you to the Orders page after applying postage to all orders in a batch, instead of the 'Batch' page.
- Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause an error when generating labels for multiple batches
- Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause issues with some shipping updates to Amazon International orders
- Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause an incorrect sender’s address on CN22s
- Fixed a bug that very rarely, could result in us not importing the correct number of orders from Magento stores each time we attempt to import orders.
Version 1.14.1 - 08/12/21
Small update to add:
- Added 'Batch tag' as a new mappable field for spreadsheet order imports including ChannelShipper Desktop
- Fixed a bug that could prevent label generation when trying to generate more than 200 labels at once from multiple batches
Version 1.14 - 15/11/21
- Added 'Sale of goods' customs declaration category to CN23 documents
- Fixed a bug that could cause routing codes to overlap on labels
- Added several fixes to issues that could affect manifesting
Version 1.13 - 04/11/21
- We've updated the header and colour palette for ChannelShipper
- We've introduced our subscription management pages, and we're making further improvements to the upgrade/downgrade process
- Added 'Order tags' to Packing lists
- Improved the automated processes that attempt to fix emergency and failed manifests to make them quicker, and to cover more scenarios.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent electronic customs data from being flagged as mandatory for some country/service combinations
- Fixed a bug which could prevent orders with 'Authenticity guarantees' from importing from eBay accounts.
- Fixed a bug that displayed links to Royal Mail's Track and Trace website for orders that have been despatched by other couriers.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the 'Add tag' option from working on the Batch page.
Version 1.12 - 14/10/21
- Added the framework for subscriptions ready to go live in November
- Added the framework for domestic customs requirements when sending to Northern Ireland in preparation for going live.
- Updated the font used in the ChannelShipper website
- Removed the 'Domestic package size' and 'International package size' fields from Product spreadsheet imports and exports so that 'Package format' values can be used instead. When creating a custom package format in ChannelShipper, you can add both domestic and international package sizes values.
- Added recipient phone numbers and email addresses to CN23 documents
- Made 'customs declaration category' values mandatory for certain destinations. These values can be added in your 'Default customs information' settings, or when creating/editing a product.
- Fixed a bug which could prevent email addresses and phone numbers importing on SquareSpace orders
- Fixed a bug which could prevent some default customs information being passed to orders created from the Products page
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the dashboard buttons from linking properly to a filtered view of the Orders grid.
Version 1.11 - 23/09/21
- To make it easier to process orders with new products, or products that haven't been created in ChannelShipper yet, we've added a link to fill in the missing product details before you despatch the order. If an order is in 'New' status because we couldn't automatically apply postage, there will be a yellow warning triangle and/or a blue information symbol next to the order. Hover your mouse over these to see any actions that might be required
- Updated the 'preview' action for customs documents in the Label Format settings page
Implemented some frameworks for features that are coming soon including:
- Some future integrations
- Improvements to international customs
- Designing a new and improved Order grid
- Designing a new and improved Dashboard
Version 1.10 - 02/09/21
- Added support for new eBay fulfilment methods, so these will now appear as 'store postage methods' against eBay orders, and will be available to use as shipping rules criteria
- Made technical improvements to speed up page loading times
- Added IOSS numbers to the expanded order view that appears when you click an order from the Order or Manifested Order pages
- Fixed a bug which could sometimes generate more than one tracking number for a single order
- Fixed a bug that could cause some channels to not be visible when filtering the Orders or Manifested Orders pages by channel
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause blank 'customs declaration categories' boxes on CN22 documents even if a value had already been provided
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes prevent customs information being passed to orders when you create an order directly from a product on the Product page
Version 1.9 - 21/07/21
- Updated our BigCommerce integrations to use 'Royal Mail' as the 'shipping provider' value
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes prevent the creation of new Shopify integrations
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes prevent the creation of new Etsy integrations
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes prevent the creation of new Magento integrations
Version 1.8 - 21/07/21
- We have added a feature to allow order tags to be added to any order. From Orders page, choose one or more orders you would like to edit and from the dropdown menu, select 'Manage tags'.
We have made a variety of improvements for Import One-Stop Shop (IOSS) orders including:
- Allowing IOSS values to be entered when creating or applying postage to an order including via ChannelShipper API integrations
- Ensuring IOSS logos appear on all labels for eligible services and destinations
- Using IOSS values passed directly along with orders via eBay or Amazon integrations
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes prevent Pre-Registration Tax Scheme/Addressee Identification Reference Numbers from appearing on CN22/CN23 documents created via ChannelShipper API integrations
- Fixed a bug which could sometimes result in default weight selectors switching between grams and kilograms when updating order details
Version 1.7 - 30/06/21
- We have added a new feature to allow orders to be added to existing batches. You can do this by selecting one or more orders on the Orders grid and from the additional actions dropdown, choosing 'Assign orders to batch'.
- We have added a new setting to the 'Settings' > 'Label formats' page to allow you to choose whether or not product prices are printed on your despatch notes.
- We have added support for marketplace IOSS numbers. When your orders are imported from a marketplace that supports IOSS, the number will be automatically added to your orders. IOSS numbers can also be added to your 'Settings' > 'Trading names'
- Made a change to display the IOSS logo to all Royal Mail shipping labels for services that support IOSS.
For more information on IOSS, please see the following guide: IOSS in ChannelShipper
- We have made improvements to our Smart Pack feature so that package formats can be automatically assigned to orders imported via spreadsheet including manual file imports, ChannelShipper Desktop, and Dropbox.
- Made a series of quality of life improvements to BigCommerce integrations to ensure continued support with new API versions.
- Made an improvement to Picking lists to display full order line information instead of only displaying products. This will allow us to display information on products that have not yet been configured or created within ChannelShipper.
Version 1.6 - 08/06/21
We have upgraded our EKM integration to the newest API version toallow tracking data to be passed to EKM
- We have improved our 'Smart Pack' feature so it will automatically attempt to set a package format to the order equal to the largest package format saved against products in the order. For example, if an order contains 2 products, one product with smallest package format: 'Padded Envelope' (Size 2), and one product with smallest package format: 'Large Box' (Size 10), we would automatically try to apply the 'Large Box' format to the order.
Made a change to CN22 and CN23 customs documents to display a valueof £0 only in situations where the products in the order have a value of £0purposely set. Otherwise, the box will be left blank
- Added additional Royal Mail packaging combinations to Custom Package Formats and Products to allow 'Documents (Printed Papers)' format to be set.
Fixed a bug where some Magento stores were not available to selectthrough the drop-down menu when creating a new Magento integration.
Fixed a bug which could sometimes prevent Magento integrations frombeing created where there are multiple stores within the Magento account.
Version 1.5 - 28/04/21
- We are pleased to announce our newest feature: Smart Pack. This feature works behind the scenes with your shipping rules and custom package formats to calculate the total weight and automatically apply the best package format for orders with multiple products
- For situations when you have added new shipping rules or edited existing ones, we have added a new option to allow you to to Re-apply shipping rules to your past orders
- We have added a new column to the Orders page with information to let you know the reasons if we have been unsuccessful at automatically applying postage to your orders
- Added a new 'Despatched and Manifested orders summary report' to the 'Reports' page. This will allow you to produce a breakdown of despatched and manifested orders and view average weights by various categories such as service, country, and packaging format
- Added support for Amazon Poland integrations
- Made an improvement to products to allow you to specific exactly which domestic and international package formats are the most appropriate - without relying on existing Royal mail combinations
- Allowed 'Size' values to be added to multiple products at once
- Allowed 'Package format' values to be added to multiple products at once
- Made improvements to OnBuy integrations so we can look further back and caught orders that were previously in 'On Hold' status
- Made a change to BigCommerce integrations to pass 'Royal Mail' in the carrier field when orders are updated
- Fixed a bug which could prevent default customs information from being used for orders contain zero products
Version 1.4 - 16/03/21
- We have added links on the 'Channel order reference' field of the Orders grid to link you directly to the corresponding orders in most eCommerce channels
- To make it easier to add and edit product information, we have added 'Package format' and 'Size' fields to the spreadsheet import and exports functions on the 'Products' page
- We have added the option to Print Assist and 'Label format' settings to allow a specific printer to be selected for A4 documents including picking lists, packing lists, and CN23 customs documents
Royal Mail changes
- Added a new ‘Label format’ setting to allow you to choose whether or not CN22 and CN23 documents are automatically generated for orders with ‘Letter’ or ‘Documents’ package formats
- Added further improvements to manifesting to prevent issues where manifested orders can remain in 'despatched' or 'label generated' status
- ‘Sale of goods’ customs declaration category no longer states ‘CN22 only’
- Added various improvements to 'Create order' and 'Apply postage' pages to ensure continued support for different browser types and screen resolutions
- Fixed a bug where package types were being assigned for imported orders containing multiple quantities of a product
- Fixed a bug where service aliases containing punctuation could display incorrectly on Manifested Orders reports
- Fixed a bug which could sometimes cause manifesting errors if orders contain products with values greater than £270
- Fixed a bug which could sometimes prevent despatch notes being produced if different printers are selected for labels and despatch notes
- Fixed a bug which could sometimes cause CN22 documents to not print if different printers are selected for labels and customs documents
- Fixed a bug where CN23 documents could not print via Scan & Print if 6x4 label format is selected
- Fixed a bug where item weights could sometimes fail to import for Shopify accounts
Version 1.3 - 17/02/21
Royal Mail International customs changes:
- Added 'Other costs' field when applying postage to an order, or when importing an order via spreadsheet or API
- Added Address Identification Reference Number (AIRN) values to CN22 and CN23 customs documents
- Added pre-Registration Tax Scheme (PRS) values to CN22 and CN23 customs documents
For further information on international customs, please see this guide: January 2021 changes to international customs
- Added some performance improvements to Order and Manifested Order grid loading times
- Added various text and display improvements
- Fixed a bug which could sometimes prevent manifested order from appearing on the 'Manifested orders report'
- Fixed a bug which could cause an error when applying products to an order via the old Create Order page
Version 1.2 - 26/01/21
Royal Mail International customs changes:
- Increased the number of products that can be added to orders during manual order creation, or by the apply postage page, from 10 to 20
- Made improvements to the customs declaration checkboxes so that you can specify a checkbox when you apply postage or import an order via spreadsheet, or API
- Added 'IOSS' value to pre registration tax scheme dropdown
- We have improved the Order history timeline to make it easier to see the statuses of your orders along with the dates when the status changed
- Improved Click & Drop API integrations so that delivery confirmation numbers can be retrieved where tracking numbers are not present
- Updated our Shopify integration to the newest API version to ensure continued support
- Fixed a bug which could prevent an Etsy store from correctly connecting to Click & Drop when the name of the Etsy store is changed
Version 1.1 - 29/12/21
- Added the ability to return labels and customs documents to the ChannelShipper API integration
- Added 'product price' to despatch notes
- Added a 'Mixed contents' checkbox to the Default customs information settings page and onto CN22 and CN23 documents.
- Fixed a bug which could sometimes cause duplicate customs document to be generated
- Fixed a bug which could sometimes cause additional customs documents to be generated when regenerating a label.
- Added various improvements to the speed of login and page loading times at busy periods
- We have fixed some display issues which could prevent buttons appearing at lower screen resolutions
- Fixed a bug which could prevent cloning of orders if an order has been cloned multiple times previously
- Fixed a bug which could cause spreadsheet order imports to fail if address book references had been duplicated
Version 1.0 - 08/12/20
1. Added a View/Edit page to Batch pages.
This page allows you to see more detail about the contents of each batch, and to edit weight, postage, and contents information for each order in the batch.
2. Added Picking list documents
From the View/Edit batch page, you can generate a picking list for the all the orders in the batch. This list shows exactly which products need to be picked, and shows images and stock locations of each of the projects.
3. Added Packing list documents
From the View/Edit batch page, you can generate a packing list for the all the orders in the batch. This list shows exactly which products belong with your orders, and contains a barcode that can be scanned in order to generate a label for each order.
4. Added 'Force download' and 'Force order update' buttons to integration settings
We have added a button to the 'Integrations' settings page to allow you to force a download or an order update from the following channel types, eBay, Amazon, Etsy, Magento, Shopify, Bluepark.